The Institute for Music in Human and Social Development (IMHSD), in collaboration with Queen's University, Canada and the International Study Centre at Herstmonceux Castle, held an interdisciplinary summer workshop on the topic of Music, Language and Movement. The aim of the meeting was to consider the interaction between these different forms of human communication and artistic expression.
The meeting included lectures, discussions, workshops, dancing and performances and took place in the beautiful environment of Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex.
Please click [here] for a poster (PDF).
- Dr. Katie Overy (chair), IMHSD, University of Edinburgh
- Karen Ludke (secretary), IMHSD, University of Edinburgh
- Dr. Laurel Parsons, School of Music, Queen's University, Canada
- Diana Gilchrist-Katz, ISC at Herstmonceux Castle
- Rosalia Rodriguez-Vazquez, Linguistics, University of Edinburgh
- Zack Moir, IMHSD, University of Edinburgh